Saturday, June 28, 2008

Stolen Thoughts on Food

I love food. I love eating it, and I have been known to even do a passable job of preparing it. I love talking about food as much as I like talking about anything, but I can't claim to be especially knowledgeable on the topic. But...that never really stopped me from talking about anything else. When I lack inspiration, I steal ideas. Here are a few clever things other people have said about food.

If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?
Jo Brand

You can never have enough garlic. With enough garlic, you can eat The New York Times.
Morley Safer

I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals. I'm a vegetarian because I hate plants."
AW Brown

Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that’s bad for you!
Tommy Smothers

Sex is good, but not as good as fresh, sweet corn.
Garrison Keillor

Cheese - milk's leap toward immortality.
Clifton Fadiman

Do vegetarians eat animal crackers?
Author Unknown

A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat.
Old New York Proverb

I'll bet what motivated the British to colonize so much of the world is that they were just looking for a decent meal.
Martha Harrison

A meal without cheese is like a beautiful woman with only one eye."
Jean Antheleme Brillat Savarin

Rice is good to eat when you're really hungry and want to eat a thousand of something.
Mitch Hedberg

No comments: