Friday, March 27, 2009

Suffering and Symphonies

I have not been posting much lately. Lots of reasons, mostly having to do with spending all my time scrambling to make a living or hangin’ with the family. Although I constantly have ideas and thoughts for the blog clogging my brain, I seldom make the choice to write them out these days. Several times I have started on an essay, only to say to myself, “what are you doing this now for? You need to go to bed.” So I do. It’s a matter of choosing my priorities in any given moment.

I’m not complaining, and I’m sure I’m not alone.

I love to quote Cosmo from Singing in the Rain. When told that he was fired, he said, “Great! Now I can start suffering and write my symphony.” Then when rehired moments later, he said, “Great! Now I can STOP suffering, and write my symphony.” I’m figuring my symphony will get written when the time is right, whether suffering or not.

No comments: