Monday, April 12, 2010

The Peace Train

I'm going to totally co-opt this song by Yusuf Islam (nee Cat Stevens). This certainly wasn't what the author intended, but this is what I hear when I listen to this song.

Listen to it. This is a great performance. But, this time, every time he sings the word "peace train," replace your mental image of a train with an image of the resurrected Jesus.

All the hope, all the longing, all the joy that this song encapsulates is not just a misty dream. It is concrete and real and embodied (not personified -- embodied) in the resurrected God-Man called Jesus Christ. His resurrection is just the mighty Locomotive of Life leaving the station, bringing the whole creation along with it, us included, on the way to the World Remade.

Jesus is the Peace Train.

1 comment:

Annael said...

I am happy to stumble upon a follower of Jesus. Cheers. Thanks for your thoughts, I will be following you.
My favourite song of Cat Stevens is "Father and son".

this Peace Train song lyrics are just amazing...

Sifar Anel